Elkabetz–Cohen Law firm specializes in acquiring working permits for the employment of “experts” in the state of Israel, all in accordance with section 1m of the Foreign Workers Law, 1991 and according with The Population and immigration Authority procedures.
In her past, Mrs. Shani Elkabetz – Cohen served as a senior administrator in The Population and immigration Authority, at the foreign workers division. Our office represents both International and Local companies, in the areas of: High-tech, Industry, Infrastructure, Construction, Education, Research, art and etc. and had acquired permits on their behalf, for the employment of foreign workers in the state of Israel.
Who shall be considered an expert?
A “foreign worker expert” is a foreign worker with a unique expertise that is not available in Israel, whose employment has been permitted by the commissioner, at his sole discretion and under the terms prescribed by him, and considering, inter alia, the international commitments of the State of Israel, the provisions of the law, relevant government decisions and nature of the labor market in various fields and employment regions.
The “expert” Categories
A permit shall be given to an expert in one of the following categories:
- Manager, senior representative or trusted employee of a foreign or international company.
- A senior member of staff in a foreign airline or shipping company.
- Lecturer or researcher in an institute of higher education, a request submitted by an institute of higher education.
- Medical intern or expert at a hospital.
- Diamond merchants.
- Foreign photographer or correspondent.
- Foreign artists
Please note that:
- The employment of an expert in Israel is permitted only after the employer has obtained an employment permit from the Permits Department and in accordance with its terms, and after the expert has obtained a visa with a “B/1 Expert”.
- The permits given to the employment of an expert in Israel are for the period of 45 days, 90 days, and a year.
- The employment permit and work license should be obtained prior to the arrival of the expert in Israel.
- The experts must be paid Double the average wage for a salaried employee in the state of Israel.
- It is crucial to consult with an Israeli Lawyer that specializes in the field of work Visas